Seeking Benefits For Your Workplace Injury
Workplace injuries may be everyday events across Alaska, but your injury is anything but ordinary. It may prevent you from earning a living and place a tremendous personal and financial burden on your family.
At the Law Office of Justin S. Eppler, LLC, we understand the struggle that often accompanies a workplace injury, and we are ready to help you obtain the financial benefits you deserve through workers’ compensation.
How To File A Claim
Whether you work in front of a computer or on a boat in the fishing and boating industries, our attorney is ready to help you with your claim for workers’ compensation and to fight for you if the insurer denies or undervalues your claim.
To improve your chances of a successful claim, it is important to follow these steps:
- Seek medical treatment immediately
- Report your injury to your employer as soon as you can
- Complete the appropriate forms for workers’ compensation insurance coverage
- Follow through on any treatments your doctor orders
- Stay in contact with your employer
- Provide all wage information to your adjuster
- Respond to other reasonable requests for documents from your adjuster
You also have the right to seek legal assistance at any time during this process. Our lawyer can help you with denied claims, delayed payments, premature discontinuation of benefits and disputes involving rehabilitation rights, among other challenges you may face.