Seeking Benefits For Your Workplace Injury
Workplace injuries may be everyday events across Alaska, but your injury is anything but ordinary. It may prevent you from earning a living and place a tremendous personal and financial burden on your family.
At the Law Office of Justin S. Eppler, LLC, we understand the struggle that often accompanies a workplace injury, and we are ready to help you obtain the financial benefits you deserve through workers’ compensation.
How To File A Claim
Whether you work in front of a computer or on a boat in the fishing and boating industries, our attorney is ready to help you with your claim for workers’ compensation and to fight for you if the insurer denies or undervalues your claim.
To improve your chances of a successful claim, it is important to follow these steps:
- Seek medical treatment immediately
- Report your injury to your employer as soon as you can
- Complete the appropriate forms for workers’ compensation insurance coverage
- Follow through on any treatments your doctor orders
- Stay in contact with your employer
- Provide all wage information to your adjuster
- Respond to other reasonable requests for documents from your adjuster
You also have the right to seek legal assistance at any time during this process. Our lawyer can help you with denied claims, delayed payments, premature discontinuation of benefits and disputes involving rehabilitation rights, among other challenges you may face.
What Benefits Can I Expect?
If you are injured in the workplace, you may be eligible for any of the following workers’ compensation benefits:
- Total or partial temporary disability
- Total or partial permanent disability
- Total or partial impairment disability
- Medical expenses, which may include medical supplies and transportation to appointments
- Re-employment and rehabilitation assistance to get you back to work as soon as you are able
- Death benefits for the families of those workers who suffer fatal injuries on the job
Workers’ compensation insurance companies are not always looking out for your best interests.
We at the Law Office of Justin S. Eppler, LLC, will hear your concerns and dedicate our efforts to solving your problems in the most positive way possible.
Let Us Help You From The Beginning
Our law firm is ready to guide you through the complex process of a workers’ compensation claim. We are skilled at negotiating a fair settlement for your disputes with the insurer, and we are willing to represent you if the matter goes to court. Call our Anchorage offices at 907-302-5930. You can also contact us online at this link.